Grilled sea bass with fresh rosemary and parsley pesto
- September 2007
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 10-14 minutes to grill
A grilled sea bass recipe with fresh rosemary and parsley pesto is a lovely, quick Italian dish. Fragrant rosemary, in both the pesto and baked with the sea bass, gives this dish a fantastic aromatic flavour.
- 2 x 300-350g sea bass, cleaned and trimmed
- 4 small fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 tsp olive oil
For the pesto
- Leaves of 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Leaves of a small bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp finely grated Grana Padano
- Grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- Small bunch of fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2-3 tbsp extra-virgin
- olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium. Slash the sea bass diagonally on each side and tuck the rosemary sprigs into the gut cavities. Brush each fish lightly with oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Grill for 5-7 minutes each side, until the skin is crispy and the fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the pesto. Put the rosemary, parsley leaves and garlic in a mini chopper or food processor and whizz until finely chopped. Add the cheese and lemon zest and whizz again. Tip into a small serving bowl and stir in the lemon juice, chives, olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Spoon the pesto over the fish. Serve the sea bass with the courgette chips (see recipe) and some buttery boiled new potatoes, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Brussels sprouts recipes
Easy baked fish and chips with fried brussels sprouts
A great variation to fish and chips, this baked fish recipe makes the most of...