Grilled squid with cumin
- June 2008
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 6 mins, plus 2 hours marinating
This deceptively simple grilled squid recipe uses a fantastic cumin marinade for a Middle Eastern twist that makes for a quick and easy midweek meal.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 4 medium-sized squid weighing about 150g each, or 8 smaller ones, cleaned
- A little olive oil, for grilling and drizzling
For the spice mix
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1/2tsp paprika
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 2tsp sea salt
- Mix all of the ingredients together for the spice mix, then coat the squid in the marinade and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat a barbecue or ridged griddle pan. Lightly oil the grill and cook the squid for 2-3 minutes on each side. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with a crisp green salad and lemon wedges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Slow-cooked squid with white beans, bacon and lemon
”Beans, smoked bacon and tinned tomatoes form the basis of this slow-cooked dish, but I...
Paprika-battered squid, chunky chips and tartare sauce
This paprika-battered squid recipe is a no-fuss version of fish and chips.