Hazelnut, shallot and mustard tarts
- July 2012
- Serves 4
- Ready in 45 minutes
Try an incredible combination of hazelnuts, shallots and mustard in these individual tarts. Ideal for a light lunch or dinner party starter.
- 38.1g (11.5g saturated)
- 41.2g (4.1g sugars)
- 320g sheet of shortcrust pastry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 6 large round shallots, halved
- 150ml Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Cut 4 x 15cm rounds from the shortcrust pastry, then line 4 x 9cm tart tins. Line each with baking paper and baking beans, then blind-bake for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans. Bake for 4 minutes more.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a pan, then fry the shallots for 4 minutes until soft.
- Whisk the yogurt with the mustard and eggs. Season well. Divide the yogurt mix among the cases, top with the shallots, then scatter over the hazelnuts. Bake for 12 minutes until set.
Rate & review