Herb and chilli crab salad with crostini
- March 2007
- Serves 6
- Ready in 20 minutes
This crab salad crostini recipe is so simple to make. Serve it as a dinner party starter or enjoy it for lunch.
- 14.5g (2.1g saturated)
- 19.3g (1.5g sugar)
- 1 small baguette, thinly sliced diagonally into 18
- 75ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon, plus wedges to serve
- Handful fresh chives, finely chopped
- Few sprigs fresh dill, finely chopped
- Handful fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded, 1 finely chopped, 1 finely sliced
- 300g fresh white crab meat, any shell discarded (from your local fishmonger or Waitrose)
- Handful mixed baby salad leaves
- Preheat the grill to medium. For the crostini, place half the baguette slices on a large baking tray, season and brush all over with olive oil. Grill for about 1 minute each side, until golden. Set aside on a wire rack and repeat with the remaining baguette.
- In a bowl, mix together 75ml oil, the lemon juice, fresh herbs and chopped red chilli. Season to taste and set aside to infuse for 5 minutes.
- Put the crab into a large bowl and gradually mix in just over half of the herb mixture to bind. Season to taste.
- Place a ring mould, about 9cm in diameter or pastry cutter on a plate. Press in some of the crab mix, then remove the ring. Repeat to make 6 starters.
- To serve, top with a small pile of salad leaves. Garnish with the sliced chilli, drizzle around the remaining herb oil and serve with the crostini and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Truffle honey-roasted fig and pancetta crostini with gorgonzola
A canapé recipe of crunchy crostini’s topped with figs roasted in truffle honey, pancetta and...