Herby roast pork with pea and ricotta risotto
- June 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 min to make, 30 min to cook, plus resting
This delightful pork recipe is taken up another notch by the accompanying cheesy risotto. A great dinner party dish.
- 26g (8.1g saturated)
- 79.6g (4.1g sugar)
- Bunch of fresh flatleaf parsley
- Handful fresh sage
- 50g dried breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (approx 400g) pork tenderloin
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g arborio risotto rice
- 1 glass white wine
- 1.6-1.8 litres hot chicken stock
- 150g fresh peas
- 100g ricotta
- 50g grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Whizz the parsley, sage, breadcrumbs and 3 tbsp of the olive oil in the small bowl of a food processor, season well and use to coat the pork. Place in a roasting tin and roast for 25-30 minutes until just cooked. Set aside, loosely covered with foil, to rest.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and gently fry the onion for 5 minutes. Add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes before adding the wine, stirring until it is completely absorbed. Season the risotto, then add the hot stock, a ladle at a time, stirring constantly and allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding the next.
- When the risotto is nearly ready, blanch the peas in boiling water for 1-2 minutes, drain, then stir into the risotto with the ricotta and Parmesan. Cover the pan with a lid, remove from the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Slice the rested pork into thick slices and serve immediately with the pea and ricotta risotto.
Rate & review