Home-made Thai green curry paste
- March 2008
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 min
Make the fragrant Thai green curry paste at home with this easy and quick recipe.
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp each shrimp paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5cm piece fresh galangal, chopped
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 lemongrass stalk, outer layer discarded and finely chopped
- 5 medium green chillies, deseeded and chopped,
- A bunch of fresh coriander, roots and stalks washed and chopped
- Dry-fry the cumin seeds and coriander seeds in a small non-stick frying pan until aromatic.
- Transfer the seeds to a food processor along with the shrimp paste and salt, garlic, galangal, palm sugar, lemongrass stalk, green chillies, coriander stalks and whizz together to a paste.
Make double the quantity, and chill the rest for up to 1 week, or freeze it for up to 2 months.
Rate & review