Hot-smoked salmon soufflé omelette
- January 2011
- 2 large free-range eggs, separated
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 50g hot-smoked salmon, flaked
- 1 tbsp snipped chives
- Good knob of butter for frying
- 20g Parmesan, finely grated
- Preheat the grill to medium. Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl with the cream, salmon and chives, then season well with a little salt and plenty of black pepper. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan (approximately 20cm across the base) over a medium-high heat until foaming. Carefully fold the egg whites into the yolks, then quickly spoon into the frying pan and shake gently to spread over the bottom.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan over the omelette and cook for 1 minute. Loosen the edges with a palette knife, then pop the pan under the grill for 1 minute to set the top.
- Run a palette knife again around the edge of the pan, then slide the omelette on to a warmed plate, folding in half as you do so. Serve with a watercress salad, if you like.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter