Pea, mint and feta omelette
- August 2010
- 100g fresh peas, podded
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Handful of salad leaves to serve
- Blanch the peas in boiling water for 4-5 minutes, then drain. Preheat the grill to high. Beat together 2 eggs and half the milk. Stir in 1 tbsp shredded fresh mint and half the peas. Season with black pepper and a little salt (feta is quite salty).
- Heat half the olive oil in a small omelette pan, then pour in the egg and pea mixture. Tip the pan and, using a spatula, move the mixture around to ensure it all cooks evenly. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the base is set.
- Sprinkle over half the crumbled feta and place the pan under the grill until the omelette is bubbling and slightly golden.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another omelette and serve the omelettes with a crisp, green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter