Lamb and lentil salad
- February 2011
- Serves 2
- Ready in 20 minutes
This lamb and lentil salad is packed with fresh ingredients and can be enjoyed in all seasons.
- 2 lamb leg steaks
- Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1 lemon
- 250g pouch Merchant Gourmet Black Beluga Lentils
- 100g ready-roasted peppers in oil, drained and sliced
- 100g feta, crumbled
- Handful of rocket leaves
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Drizzle the lamb steaks with a little oil and season with salt, pepper and the grated zest of the lemon. Cook the lamb under the grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, heat the lentils in their pouch for 30 seconds on high in the microwave. Spoon into a bowl and fold through the roasted peppers, feta and rocket leaves.
- Slice the rested lamb and fold through. Dress with the juice of half the lemon, a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and a little seasoning.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Rate & review