Lamb with mint sauce and tomatoes
- August 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 min to make, 25 min to cook, plus resting
Whip up your own mint sauce – this rack of lamb recipe will love you for it.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 16.3g (5.8g saturated)
- 9.8g (9.3g sugar)
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- 2 x 6-bone racks of lamb,
- trimmed of fat
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 150g small vine tomatoes (we used sultan jewel tomatoes)
- 3 heaped tbsp fresh mint leaves
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. In a bowl, mix together the honey, mustard and some seasoning. Brush all over the racks of lamb, place on a lightly oiled baking sheet, then roast for 25 minutes. Place the tomatoes on a small baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tbsp oil and roast alongside the lamb for the final 15 minutes.
- To make the mint sauce, finely chop the mint, then place in a small bowl with the sugar and a pinch of salt. Stir to coat. Pour over 3 tbsp boiling water and the wine vinegar. Stir, then leave to infuse and cool.
- Remove the lamb from the oven, then cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into cutlets. Serve with the roasted tomatoes, mint sauce and lots of creamy mash, if you like.
Rate & review