Low calorie tiramisu
- August 2006
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, plus cooling and chilling
This low calorie tiramisu recipe is a lighter take on the traditional coffee flavoured Italian dessert and features quark instead of double cream.
- 0.5g (0.2g saturated)
- 22.2g (18.1g sugars)
- 2 tsp espresso coffee powder
- 1 tbsp coffee liqueur
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 250g tub quark (from the chiller cabinet)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100g fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 10 sponge fingers
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Stir the coffee into 50ml boiling water in a bowl, then cool. Stir in the liqueur and 1 tablespoon maple syrup.
- In another bowl, beat the quark, vanilla and remaining maple syrup until smooth. Stir in the yogurt.
- Break the sponge fingers in half. Dip 2 pieces briefly into the coffee syrup and put in a wine glass or a shallow dessert glass. Repeat with 3 more glasses. Spoon over some of the quark mixture, then repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients, using 3 sponge finger halves per glass for the second layer. Place the glasses on a tray and chill for 1 hour.
- Dust the desserts with a little cocoa powder to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Italian lemon pudding
In Italy this dessert is known as ‘sbriciolata alla crema di limone’. The literal translation...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...