Low calorie tiramisu
- August 2006
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, plus cooling and chilling
This low calorie tiramisu recipe is a lighter take on the traditional coffee flavoured Italian dessert and features quark instead of double cream.
- 0.5g (0.2g saturated)
- 22.2g (18.1g sugars)
- 2 tsp espresso coffee powder
- 1 tbsp coffee liqueur
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 250g tub quark (from the chiller cabinet)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 100g fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 10 sponge fingers
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Stir the coffee into 50ml boiling water in a bowl, then cool. Stir in the liqueur and 1 tablespoon maple syrup.
- In another bowl, beat the quark, vanilla and remaining maple syrup until smooth. Stir in the yogurt.
- Break the sponge fingers in half. Dip 2 pieces briefly into the coffee syrup and put in a wine glass or a shallow dessert glass. Repeat with 3 more glasses. Spoon over some of the quark mixture, then repeat the layers with the remaining ingredients, using 3 sponge finger halves per glass for the second layer. Place the glasses on a tray and chill for 1 hour.
- Dust the desserts with a little cocoa powder to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...