Madeira-glazed chorizo with leeks and new potatoes
- April 2013
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook
Smoky, spicy chorizo makes a brilliant contrast to buttery, sweet leeks in this simple midweek dinner recipe.
- 20.7g (9.8g saturated)
- 14.1g (4.7g sugars)
- 30g butter
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced
- 240g cooking chorizo, sliced on the diagonal
- 35ml Madeira
- 250g baby new potatoes
- handful of chopped fresh parsley,
- slices of sourdough bread to serve
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a low heat and fry the leeks until soft. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Fry the chorizo in the leek pan until cooked through and crisp.
- Add 35ml Madeira and bubble with the chorizo until blackened and sticky.
- Put the baby new potatoes in a pan of boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and partially crush. Mix in the leeks and ?a handful of chopped fresh parsley, season, then serve with the chorizo and slices of sourdough bread.
Rate & review