Chorizo, pea and lemon couscous
- October 2012
- 300g quick-cook couscous
- 400-450ml chicken stock, hot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g chorizo, sliced
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Put the couscous in a large bowl, then pour over the hot chicken stock. Stir quickly with a fork, cover with cling film or a clean tea towel, then leave for 10 minutes to absorb.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan and cook the chorizo for a few minutes until just starting to crisp. Add the peas and warm through.
- Uncover the couscous and fluff with a fork. Stir in the lemon zest and juice. Add the chorizo and peas, then the basil leaves. Season and mix well before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...