Chorizo, pea and lemon couscous
- October 2012
- 300g quick-cook couscous
- 400-450ml chicken stock, hot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g chorizo, sliced
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Put the couscous in a large bowl, then pour over the hot chicken stock. Stir quickly with a fork, cover with cling film or a clean tea towel, then leave for 10 minutes to absorb.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan and cook the chorizo for a few minutes until just starting to crisp. Add the peas and warm through.
- Uncover the couscous and fluff with a fork. Stir in the lemon zest and juice. Add the chorizo and peas, then the basil leaves. Season and mix well before serving.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
October seasonal recipes
Lamb and quince tagine with chermoula and buttered couscous
The sweet flavours of quince work perfectly along side ginger and cinnamon in this classic...