Chorizo, pea and lemon couscous
- October 2012
- 300g quick-cook couscous
- 400-450ml chicken stock, hot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g chorizo, sliced
- 150g frozen peas, defrosted
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Put the couscous in a large bowl, then pour over the hot chicken stock. Stir quickly with a fork, cover with cling film or a clean tea towel, then leave for 10 minutes to absorb.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium frying pan and cook the chorizo for a few minutes until just starting to crisp. Add the peas and warm through.
- Uncover the couscous and fluff with a fork. Stir in the lemon zest and juice. Add the chorizo and peas, then the basil leaves. Season and mix well before serving.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter