- December 2015
- 360ml bourbon whiskey (we like Buffalo Trace)
- 100ml sweet red vermouth
- 6 shakes of Angostura bitters
- 6 pared, strips of orange zest
- Maraschino cherries
- Mix the bourbon whiskey in a jug with the vermouth and Angostura bitters. Chill until needed (up to 24 hours).
- For each strip of orange, run the outer side round the rim of a low-ball or small wine glass, then put the strip inside the glass with a maraschino cherry.
- To serve, add as much ice as you can to the jug, stir to combine for 30-40 seconds, then strain into the 6 prepared glasses.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter