- December 2015
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 10 min, plus chilling
A sophisticated, classic cocktail recipe of bourbon, sweet red vermouth and orange zest that’s sure to jazz up any dinner party.
- 360ml bourbon whiskey (we like Buffalo Trace)
- 100ml sweet red vermouth
- 6 shakes of Angostura bitters
- 6 pared, strips of orange zest
- Maraschino cherries
- Mix the bourbon whiskey in a jug with the vermouth and Angostura bitters. Chill until needed (up to 24 hours).
- For each strip of orange, run the outer side round the rim of a low-ball or small wine glass, then put the strip inside the glass with a maraschino cherry.
- To serve, add as much ice as you can to the jug, stir to combine for 30-40 seconds, then strain into the 6 prepared glasses.
Rate & review