Maple syrup fruit sponge puddings
- October 2010
- Serves 4
- Ready in less than 30 minutes
Jamaica ginger cake and a pack of mixed fruit creates this delightful maple syrup fruit sponge puddings recipe.
- 28.9g (11.6g saturated)
- 52.3g (39.1g sugar)
- Mix 350g frozen Black Forest fruit (from Tesco, Waitrose or Sainsbury’s), defrosted, or fresh fruit such as stoned cherries, blackberries and blueberries
- 2 tsp dark brown soft sugar
- The grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 100ml double cream
- 225g McVitie’s Jamaica ginger cake
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- Extra double cream
- Mix 350g frozen Black Forest fruit (from Tesco, Waitrose or Sainsbury’s), defrosted, or fresh fruit such as stoned cherries, blackberries and blueberries, with 2 tsp dark brown soft sugar and the grated zest of 1 orange. Spoon 1 tbsp maple syrup into each of 4 x 350ml ovenproof bowls and divide the fruit among them. Pour 100ml double cream into a large bowl. Slice a 225g McVitie’s Jamaica ginger cake into 4 thick slices and add to the bowl, turning to coat and soak up the cream. Place a slice on top of the fruit in each bowl and drizzle ½ tbsp maple syrup over each sponge.
- Cover each bowl with cling film, pierce several times, then cook in the microwave for 45 seconds (or cover in foil and cook for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6). Remove and invert onto 4 warm, lipped plates. Serve with extra double cream to pour over.
Rate & review