Minted lamb chops with hash browns
- November 2007
- 275g (about 6) frozen hash browns
- 4 lamb chops
- 50g Cheddar
- 3 vine tomatoes
- 2 tbsp mint jelly
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7 and preheat the grill to high.
- Put frozen hash browns onto a small, non-stick baking tray and bake for 18-20 minutes, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, warm the mint jelly in a small pan or in the microwave. Season the lamb chops or cutlets and put onto a rack resting over a foil-lined baking tray or grill pan. Brush with some mint jelly and grill for 3-4 minutes. Turn over, brush with more mint jelly and grill for a further 3-4 minutes or until cooked medium and nicely caramelised. Set aside, loosely covered with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce the grill to medium-high.
- Top the cooked hash browns with the vine tomatoes, sliced, some seasoning and the Cheddar, coarsely grated.
- Pop under the grill for 2 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Serve with the lamb chops, extra mint jelly and some steamed broccoli.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Satisfyingly slow roasts
Maple and spice slow-roasted shoulder of lamb with onion jus
For a truly impressive Sunday lunch, try sticky, slow-roasted lamb – it’s marinated overnight to...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...