One-pan roast herby fish
- November 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 35-40 minutes to cook
This one-pan roast herby fish recipe makes for an easy and healthy midweek meal.
- 7.7g (2.1g saturated)
- 49.7g (8.9g sugars)
- 500g waxy potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 8 small vine tomatoes, halved
- 6 white (marinated) anchovy fillets, finely chopped (see tip)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and sliced into discs
- ½ large bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped (about 40g)
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 thick white fish fillets, such as sustainable cod or coley
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- Scatter the potatoes and onion into a large roasting tray. Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil, season, then toss to coat. Dot with butter, then cook in the oven for 15 minutes at 190C/fan170C/gas5. Add the tomatoes, then return to the oven for 10 minutes more. Meanwhile, whizz the anchovy, garlic, lemon zest and parsley in a food processor with 3 tbsp of the olive oil to make a gremolata. Taste and season.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with 2 tbsp oil and some seasoning. Top the potatoes with the fish fillets, lemon slices and sliced chilli, then scatter with the breadcrumbs.
- Return to the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes until the fish steaks are just cooked through and the breadcrumbs are golden. Remove from the oven, top with the herby gremolata, then serve.
Milder and sweeter than the salted specimens, white (marinated) anchovies are available in Asda, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose.
Rate & review