Pan-fried pork with caper, fennel and watercress salad
- August 2012
- Serves 4
- Ready in 12 min
This easy-to-cook and great-tasting pork salad recipe is a quick and seasonal meal.
- 22.8g (4g saturated)
- 22.5g (6.3g sugar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g pork tenderloin, sliced into 2cm medallions (about 12)
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 225g pack ready-cooked quinoa
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 100g bag watercress
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat. Season the pork medallions and sprinkle with the fennel seeds. Fry for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until just cooked. Set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, put the sliced fennel in a salad bowl and add the capers. Add the orange slices to the bowl along with the cooked quinoa and gently toss to combine.
- Whisk the lemon juice with the walnut and olive oils and season well. Toss the watercress and the dressing with the other salad ingredients, then serve alongside the pork medallions.
Next time, griddle slices of halloumi instead of the pork and sprinkle the fennel seeds over the salad.
Rate & review