Pan-fried wasabi cod
- July 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
Impressive yet quick, this Japanese recipe is made by coating the cod in crushed up nori seaweed. A real talking point for your next dinner party.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 225g Thai jasmine rice
- 125g frozen peas
- 150g bag herb salad
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1-1½ tbsp wasabi paste, to taste
- 2 sushi nori seaweed sheets (we used Yutaka)
- 4 x 200g skinless cod loin fillets (from a sustainable source, where possible)
- Pickled ginger, to serve
- Put the rice in a pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 8 minutes. Add the peas and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the rice and peas are tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Once drained thoroughly, put into a large bowl with the salad. Toss together.
- Meanwhile, make a quick dressing by whisking the lemon juice, 4 tablespoons oil and 1-11/2 tablespoons wasabi paste, to taste. Set aside.
- Roughly crush the seaweed sheets and use to coat the cod fillets. Heat the remaining olive oil in a non-stick pan and cook the cod over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning, until opaque and cooked. Transfer to plates, along with the rice and pea salad. Drizzle with the wasabi dressing and serve with pickled ginger.
Rate & review