Seared tuna with tomato and pine nut rice
- February 2008
- Serves 2 people
- Ready in about 5 minutes
Dinners don’t get much easier than this seared tuna with tomato and pine nut rice recipe – it’s ready in just five minutes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 2 x 150g fresh tuna steaks
- A little olive oil
- 280g pack microwavable rice
- ½ x 170g pack fresh tomato salsa
- 25g toasted pine nuts
- The juice of ½ lime
- Lime wedges
- Season the tuna steaks, brush with a little olive oil and sear in a hot griddle pan for 45 seconds each side – or longer if you want the tuna cooked all the way through.
- Set aside to rest. Meanwhile, microwave the rice according to the pack instructions.
- Tip into a bowl and stir in the fresh tomato salsa, the toasted pine nuts, the juice of ½ lime and some seasoning.
- Divide the tuna between 2 plates and spoon the rice mixture alongside. Serve with the remaining salsa and lime, cut into wedges, to squeeze over.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...