Passion fruit fizz
- April 2012
- Serves 8
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 5 minutes to cook, plus cooling
This fruity cocktail recipe, made with passion fruit and vodka, is light and refreshing.
- 0.1g (no saturated)
- 17.9g (17.1g sugars)
- 8-10 ripe passion fruit
- 60g golden caster sugar
- Good squeeze of lemon juice
- 120-150ml vodka
- 2 bottles of cava/sparkling wine
- Halve the passion fruit, scoop out the pulp and push through a sieve. Discard the pips. You should end up with 175ml juice. Pour the juice into a pan, add the sugar and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved, then bring to the boil and simmer for a couple of minutes until the liquid is reduced to a syrup.
- Add the lemon juice and cool completely, then strain. Divide the syrup equally among 8 champagne glasses and add a splash of vodka to each glass. Top up with chilled cava or sparkling wine and serve with cheese swirls with quails egg and cress.
Try a squeeze of lime juice instead of lemon to bring out a more tropical flavour.
Make the syrup ahead of time as it will keep for up to a week in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...