Pasta with chestnuts, mushrooms and parsley pesto
- February 2010
- 135g pack peeled and cooked chestnuts (we like Merchant Gourmet)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 125ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 20g vegetarian Parmesan, finely grated, plus extra for serving
- Large knob of butter
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 350g fusilli pasta
- In a mini food processor, whizz the chestnuts, garlic, parsley, lemon juice and some seasoning to a course paste. Slowly add the oil, then stir through the cheese.
- Heat a splash of oil and a knob of butter in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water until al dente. Drain and toss with the mushrooms and pesto. Top with Parmesan to serve.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter