Pasta with chestnuts, mushrooms and parsley pesto
- February 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 10 minutes to cook
Chestnuts, mushrooms and parsley come together beautifully in this easy, autumnal pesto recipe.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 35.5g (7.3g saturated)
- 79.7g (4.7g sugars)
- 135g pack peeled and cooked chestnuts (we like Merchant Gourmet)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 125ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 20g vegetarian Parmesan, finely grated, plus extra for serving
- Large knob of butter
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 350g fusilli pasta
- In a mini food processor, whizz the chestnuts, garlic, parsley, lemon juice and some seasoning to a course paste. Slowly add the oil, then stir through the cheese.
- Heat a splash of oil and a knob of butter in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water until al dente. Drain and toss with the mushrooms and pesto. Top with Parmesan to serve.
Rate & review