Pesto tuna with potato salad
- July 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 30 minutes
A quick and easy Italian recipe made with fresh tuna steaks.
- 475g new potatoes
- 6 tbsp aïoli (we used English Provender Co)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 175g tuna steaks
- Put the potatoes in a pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water until cold. Roughly chop and put into a bowl with the aïoli and basil. Season to taste and gently mix.
- Meanwhile, mix the pesto with the olive oil and brush over the tuna steaks. Heat a griddle pan until really hot, add the tuna and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, until cooked but still a little pink in the middle. Divide between plates and drizzle with a little extra pesto. Serve with the potato salad and cooked green beans.
Rate & review