Pork and prawn jambalaya
- September 2010
- Serves 3
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook
This Creole pork and prawn jambalaya recipe can be cooked quickly thanks to our speedy recipe. Replace the sausage and prawns with a pack of fresh mixed seafood, if you like.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 190g (about 3) Cajun sausages (we like Biloxi Louisiana), skin removed, quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 400g Seasoned Pioneers Cajun Jambalaya Sauce
- 100g raw peeled prawns
- 250g Tilda Steamed Pure Basmati Rice, heated according to pack instructions
- Place a large pan over a medium-high heat. Roll the sausage pieces into balls, brown, then remove. Heat the oil in the pan, add the onion, then lower the heat. Soften for 5 minutes. Add the chilli, cayenne and pepper, fry for 2 minutes, then pour in the Jambalaya sauce and 100ml water. Bring to a boil, then add the prawns and sausage balls, and stir in the hot steamed rice. Heat through for 2 minutes, then serve.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...