Pork fillet with cheat’s tonnato
- October 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 20-35 min
This pork dish is packed full of protein and the tonnato takes all of 2 minutes to whizz up. It’s an easy but elegant platter to make for the family – simply serve with a crusty ciabatta loaf to soak up the sauce.
- 32.4g (5.1g saturated)
- 1.2g (1g sugars)
- 2 x 350g pork tenderloin fillets
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig or bay leaf
- Splash of white wine or chicken stock
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 drained anchovy fillets
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Grated zest of 1 lemon and juice of ½
- 158g tin of drained and flaked tuna
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 heaped tsp dijon mustard
- Handful of rocket
- Handful of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Parmesan shavings (to serve)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Rub the pork tenderloin fillets all over with a little olive oil, then sear in a large ovenproof frying pan for 5-6 minutes until golden all over.
- Add the fresh rosemary sprig or bay leaf and a splash of white wine/chicken stock, then roast for 20-25 minutes (add 5-10 minutes if you prefer your meat well done). Rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the tonnato by whizzing the mayonnaise, anchovy fillets, white wine vinegar, the lemon zest and juice, tuna, capers and dijon mustard.
- Put a handful of rocket and a handful of chopped fresh flatleaf parsley leaves on a platter. Slice the pork and arrange on top. Spoon over the tonnato and scatter with parmesan shavings to serve.
Rate & review