Pork loin with pickled red onion
- April 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 minutes
This quick and easy pork loin recipe pairs the flavours of lemon and dijon in a creamy sauce.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 10.9g (4.3g saturated)
- 53.6g (5.5g sugars)
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 250g basmati rice
- 1 British free-range pork loin (about 400g)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon
- ½ tbsp dijon mustard
- 2½ tbsp crème fraîche
- Handful fresh parsley
To serve (optional)
- Steamed seasonal greens
- Finely slice the onion, then mix with the vinegar and sugar in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Put the rice in a large pan with 500ml water. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat to low, cover with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut the pork loin into 2cm thick slices. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat, then fry the pork slices for 5 minutes, turning, or until they take on some colour.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the pork, then add the mustard and crème fraîche. Cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, taste and season.
- Serve the pork straightaway with the drained rice, pickled onion and a good scattering of chopped parsley, with a side of seasonal greens if you like.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...