Pork chops with onion and pear chutney
- May 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
If you thought pork only went with apples, then think again. The pear and onion give a lovely sweet and savoury element. It’s easy enough for a midweek supper but also delicious enough for a dinner party.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 4 pork chops
- 200g jar of caramelised onions
- 1 tbs chopped fresh thyme plus one sprig for garnish
- 1 finely chopped pear
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Cook pork chops on a hot griddle pan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, empty jar of caramelised onions into a small saucepan, add chopped pear (no need to peel) and chopped fresh thyme. Half-fill the onion jar with water, add to the pan and stir well. Bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes until the pear is tender and the sauce is thickened. Season and stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Serve with the griddled pork chops and mashed potatoes and garnish with sprig of fresh thyme.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dinner ideas for two
Pork chops stuffed with spinach, goat’s cheese and sun-dried tomatoes
These breaded pork chops are filled with a Mediterranean-style mix of spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and...
April seasonal recipes
Pork chops with spelt, wild garlic and purple sprouting broccolli
This quick and easy pork recipe celebrates some of spring’s most prized ingredients – wild...