Pork and ricotta meatballs with tagliatelle
- March 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Give it up for this crowd-pleasing creamy pasta dish! Tender pork and ricotta meatballs are cooked with crème fraîche and stirred through tagliatelle, to coat. Need more convincing? You can make this dinner in a mere 20 minutes.
- 17.9g (8.1g saturated)
- 71.3g (4g sugars)
- 100g ricotta
- 500g British outdoor-bred lower-fat pork mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30g fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ tbsp fennel seeds
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to serve
- Finely grated zest ½ lemon, plus extra to serve
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 150ml fresh chicken stock
- 150g reduced-fat crème fraîche
- 350g tagliatelle
- Put the ricotta, pork mince, garlic, breadcrumbs, fennel seeds, 2 tbsp of the parsley and the lemon zest in a medium mixing bowl, season well with salt and pepper, then mix with your hands until well combined. Roll into 20 equal-size meatballs, then set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan (use one with a lid), then fry the meatballs, turning often, for 3-4 minutes until golden all over. Add the stock, cover with the lid, then cook for another 5 minutes, shaking the pan often. Turn the heat off, then stir in the crème fraîche and season well.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to the pack instructions, then drain.
- Toss the pasta with the meatballs and remaining 1 tbsp chopped parsley, then serve with a scattering of extra parsley and lemon zest.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Greek meatballs with tomato sauce
Greek meatballs, or soutzoukakia, make a delicious accompaniment to mashed potato and serve as a...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...