Pork and ricotta meatballs with tagliatelle
- March 2020
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Give it up for this crowd-pleasing creamy pasta dish! Tender pork and ricotta meatballs are cooked with crème fraîche and stirred through tagliatelle, to coat. Need more convincing? You can make this dinner in a mere 20 minutes.
- 17.9g (8.1g saturated)
- 71.3g (4g sugars)
- 100g ricotta
- 500g British outdoor-bred lower-fat pork mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30g fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ tbsp fennel seeds
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to serve
- Finely grated zest ½ lemon, plus extra to serve
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 150ml fresh chicken stock
- 150g reduced-fat crème fraîche
- 350g tagliatelle
- Put the ricotta, pork mince, garlic, breadcrumbs, fennel seeds, 2 tbsp of the parsley and the lemon zest in a medium mixing bowl, season well with salt and pepper, then mix with your hands until well combined. Roll into 20 equal-size meatballs, then set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan (use one with a lid), then fry the meatballs, turning often, for 3-4 minutes until golden all over. Add the stock, cover with the lid, then cook for another 5 minutes, shaking the pan often. Turn the heat off, then stir in the crème fraîche and season well.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to the pack instructions, then drain.
- Toss the pasta with the meatballs and remaining 1 tbsp chopped parsley, then serve with a scattering of extra parsley and lemon zest.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Greek meatballs with tomato sauce
Greek meatballs, or soutzoukakia, make a delicious accompaniment to mashed potato and serve as a...