Prawn and pepper stir-fry
- July 2010
- 1 tbsp coconut or groundnut oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 300g savoy cabbage,shredded
- 100g broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock, hot
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 215g cooked peeled king prawns
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and cook the cumin and mustard seeds until the mustard seeds start to pop. Add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables, hot vegetable stock and soy sauce, and toss well. Cover and leave to steam-fry for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the king prawns and coriander and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the prawns are hot. Serve sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.
Frying at high temperatures can damage the vitamins and minerals in food. Instead, add a little stock to stir-fries and let them steam-fry.
Rate & review