Prawn and pepper stir-fry
- July 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 15-20 minutes to cook
This quick prawn recipe is low in calories and a good source of B vitamins.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 12.8g (6g saturated)
- 20.5g (17.5g sugar)
- 1 tbsp coconut or groundnut oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 300g savoy cabbage,shredded
- 100g broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock, hot
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 215g cooked peeled king prawns
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and cook the cumin and mustard seeds until the mustard seeds start to pop. Add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining vegetables, hot vegetable stock and soy sauce, and toss well. Cover and leave to steam-fry for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the king prawns and coriander and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the prawns are hot. Serve sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.
Frying at high temperatures can damage the vitamins and minerals in food. Instead, add a little stock to stir-fries and let them steam-fry.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegetarian bake recipes
Roasted red pepper, spinach and goat’s cheese pasta bake
This vegetarian pasta bake uses grilled red peppers for their naturally intense sweetness. Combined with...