Quick couscous-stuffed peppers
- February 2010
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 30 minutes to cook
Stuffed peppers make the perfect vegetarian starter, side dish or even main course that can be ready in a flash. This couscous recipe uses giant couscous but you can use normal couscous or any other type of grain.
- 1 large red and 1 large yellow pepper
- 100g ready-diced butternut squash
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 75g giant couscous
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Handful fresh coriander
- leaves, chopped
- 50g feta, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Halve and deseed the peppers, keeping the stalks intact. Place them and the diced squash on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil, season, and sprinkle the chilli flakes over the squash. Roast for 25 minutes, turning occasionally, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the giant couscous in a saucepan of boiling stock for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain through a sieve, then season. Stir the toasted pine nuts through the couscous along with the chopped coriander, roasted squash and feta.
- Spoon the couscous into the pepper halves and place back in the oven for 5 minutes until warmed through.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter