Quick lamb cutlets with feta and mint couscous
- April 2009
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 min to make and 10 min to cook
Double the quantities of this lamb cutlets recipe for an easy supper to share with friends that won’t take you more than 20 minutes.
- 6 New Zealand lamb cutlets, French-trimmed
- A pinch of ground cumin
- 150g couscous
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- A handful pomegranate seeds
- 100g feta, crumbled
- A few fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 50g natural yogurt
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Flatbreads, to serve
- Preheat the grill to high. Season the lamb and dust each side with a pinch of ground cumin. Cook on a grill pan under the grill for 2-3 minutes each side, until browned but still pink in the middle, then remove and rest.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous into a bowl, pour over 200ml boiling water, cover and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Fluff up with a fork, then season and stir in the juice of 1 lemon, 2 tbsp olive oil, pomegranate seeds, feta and a few fresh mint leaves.
- Pile spoonfuls onto plates and top with the grilled lamb. Mix natural yogurt with the lemon juice and a few more shredded fresh mint leaves and put in small pots to serve on the side. Accompany with flatbreads, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sausage, tomato and olive penne
Try this easy and tasty alternative to spag bol made with sausages, tomatoes, olives and...
Cheat’s courgette, broad bean and pancetta pasta
This indulgent, creamy pasta bake recipe is a real treat that can be thrown together...