Quick Mediterranean quinoa risotto
- August 2015
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 5 min, simmering time 20 min
A shortcut supper that’s healthier than its original. This quinoa risotto recipe makes best use of time saving ingredients.
- 350g Waitrose Sweet Cherry Tomato & Basil Sauce, or similar
- 150g Waitrose Firm & Succulent Jumbo King Prawns, or similar
- 185g Waitrose Succulent & Smoky Chargrilled Vegetables, or similar
- 150g quinoa
- 500ml fresh chicken stock
- 20g parmesan, plus extra to serve (optional)
- Handful fresh basil leaves
- 25g cream cheese
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine sieve, then tip into a medium saucepan and pour over the chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the stock is absorbed and the quinoa is tender but still has some bite.
- When the quinoa is nearly cooked, pour the tomato sauce into a medium saucepan and heat until just bubbling. Meanwhile, grate the parmesan and shred the basil.
- Stir the sauce into the quinoa along with the prawns, vegetables, cream cheese and 20g parmesan until the cheese has melted and everything is well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper, then serve scattered with the basil and a little extra grated parmesan, if you like.
This makes a generous amount and it will keep well in the fridge for a couple of days. Reheat gently in a saucepan to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Orange-scented quinoa salad with pistachios and dates
Serve this vegan quinoa salad as part of a buffet at your next party.