Quick sesame prawn, spring onion and radish stir-fry
- May 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Pull out your wok and rustle up this quick and easy Asian supper. Peanuts and fresh coriander give authentic finishing touches.
- 11.6g (1.9g saturated)
- 62.1g (9.8g sugars)
- 300g udon noodles
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large bunches spring onions, halved lengthways and cut into thirds
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 20g fresh ginger, grated
- 200g sustainable raw king prawns
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp fish sauce
- 300g radishes, quartered
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a large pan of simmering water, cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, then refresh under cold running water.
- Heat the oil in a large wok over a high heat and fry the spring onions for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Add the prawns, soy sauce, fish sauce, radishes and sesame seeds, then fry for 3 minutes or until the prawns are all pink.
- Add the noodles and cook until warmed through and coated in sauce. Serve with a handful of chopped coriander, a scattering of peanuts and lime wedges to squeeze over.
Use leftover cooked rice or 2 packets ready-cooked rice instead of noodles for a fried rice dish.
Rate & review