Ranch-style chicken and bacon
- November 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
Gooey cheese and salty bacon helps make this ranch-style chicken recipe a great midweek supper.
- 100g piece Cheddar
- 4 plump skinless chicken breasts
- 4 smoked back bacon rashers
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250g jar The English Provender Co. Smokey Barbecue Marinade
- Sit 4 x 25g pieces of Cheddar on top of the chicken breasts. Season and wrap a bacon rasher around each to enclose the cheese.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, turning halfway, until browned.
- Pour over the Smokey Barbecue Marinade, then half-fill the jar with water and rinse out into the pan. Simmer and cook for 10 minutes, turning halfway, until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted. Serve with mashed potato and steamed green beans.
Rate & review