Ranch-style chicken and bacon
- November 2006
- 100g piece Cheddar
- 4 plump skinless chicken breasts
- 4 smoked back bacon rashers
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250g jar The English Provender Co. Smokey Barbecue Marinade
- Sit 4 x 25g pieces of Cheddar on top of the chicken breasts. Season and wrap a bacon rasher around each to enclose the cheese.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, turning halfway, until browned.
- Pour over the Smokey Barbecue Marinade, then half-fill the jar with water and rinse out into the pan. Simmer and cook for 10 minutes, turning halfway, until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted. Serve with mashed potato and steamed green beans.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken breast recipes
Raymond Blanc’s chicken and mushrooms in wine sauce
This classic chicken recipe from famous French chef Raymond Blanc, made with morel mushrooms and...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...