Ratatouille and paprika pork steaks
- July 2010
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small courgette, thickly sliced
- 290g jar sliced chargrilled peppers in oil, drained
- 350g jar Sacla Whole Cherry Tomato and Chilli sauce
- 110g couscous
- 2 pork loin steaks
- Large pinch of paprika
- Handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat ½ tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and cook gently for 6-8 minutes until it begins to soften. Add the courgette and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Add the peppers and pasta sauce and slowly bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to pack instructions and set aside.
- Heat another frying pan until very hot, brush the pork steaks with ½ tbsp olive oil, sprinkle with paprika and season. Pan-fry for 2 minutes on each side until just cooked through.
- Stir half the parsley through the ratatouille and serve with the pork steaks and the couscous, with the remaining parsley stirred through it.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter