Rib eye with roasted red pepper
- December 2007
- 125g butter, softened
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar, drained and finely chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Bunch of fresh chives, finely chopped
- 4 x 225g rib eye steaks
- Wild rocket, to serve
- Place the butter in a large bowl and mix together with the chopped peppers, lime zest, chilli and chives. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then place on a large sheet of baking paper. Shape into a log, then roll up in the paper and twist the ends, like a cracker, to secure in place. Chill for 1 hour, until firm.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat. When hot, add 2 steaks and cook for 1-4 minutes each side, depending on how you like them cooked.Remove from the pan, set aside to rest and cook the remaining steaks.
- Slice the flavoured butter into 4 thick discs and place 1 on each steak. Serve with the wild rocket
Any leftover butter will freeze well.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter