Steak and blue cheese melts
- May 2007
- 2 thick sirloin steaks
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsps full-fat crème fraîche
- 50g creamy blue cheese
- 1 tsp chopped fresh curly parsley, plus extra to garnish
- Place the steaks in a large, non-metallic dish and drizzle over the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Set aside to marinate for 10 min.
- Meanwhile, put the crème fraîche into a bowl, crumble the cheese and stir into the bowl with 1 tsp parsley. Season with black pepper and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to high. Heat an ovenproof griddle or frying pan over a high heat. When searing hot, add the steaks and cook for 2 min each side for medium-rare.
- Spoon the cheese mixture on top of each steak and pop under the grill for 1-2 min. Divide between 2 plates, scatter with the extra parsley and serve with a mixed salad and some oven chips, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dinner ideas for two
Onglet steak with watercress butter and shoestring potatoes
Perfectly cooked steak is taken to the next level with a side of shoestring potatoes...