Roast cod with warm wild rice and lentil salad
- November 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 15 min
30 minutes and this warming roasted cod salad could be yours. The wild rice and lentils make this recipe hearty enough to enjoy for dinner, any day of the week.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 13.1g (2g saturated)
- 54g (2g sugars)
- 4 sustainable cod fillets
- Olive oil for roasting
- 2 x 250g packs microwave/steamed basmati and wild rice
- 250g pack ready-cooked lentils
- 100g young leaf spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- ½ small bunch fresh mint, chopped
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- ½ small bunch fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the cod fillets in a baking tray, then season with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil. Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes. Fork the cooked fish into large flakes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl. When 5 minutes of the cooking time remains for the fish, microwave the rice and lentils according to the pack instructions. Mix them with the spinach, red onion, mint and dressing.
- Gently stir the fish into the salad, then transfer to a platter. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Other white fish, such as hake or pollock, would also work.
Rate & review