Roasted baby beetroot
- May 2005
- 1 tsp caraway seeds (optional)
- 800g baby beetroot with tops
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic or sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sea salt
- If you’re using the caraway seeds, dry-toast in a hot pan for 30 seconds. Crush and set aside.
- If the beetroot comes with the tops (greens), remove, wash, then blanch for a minute. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 220C/fan200C/gas 7. Put the beetroot in a baking tray and toss with half the oil and a little salt. Roast for 20 minutes, until cooked through. When cooled slightly, put on clean rubber gloves and rub the beetroot skins off.
- Whisk the remaining oil, vinegar, mustard, seeds and sea salt, then toss with the beetroot tops and roots. Serve cold.
This will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...