Aubergine and feta frittata
- September 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 40 min, oven time 20 min
This vegetarian aubergine and feta frittata is a fail-safe option for a midweek meal. Sprinkle with chopped spring onions and serve with a simple green salad.
Or, how about these mini feta, onion and red pepper frittatas?
- Vegetarian recipes
- 24.4g (10g saturated)
- 32.8g (8.7g sugars)
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 peppers, sliced
- 250g mixed tomatoes, halved or quartered if large
- 2 tsp rose harissa paste
- 650g maris piper potatoes
- 8 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 400g aubergines
- 200g vegetarian feta, crumbled
- ⅓ bunch chopped spring onions
- ¼ lettuce
- Fresh basil or coriander to serve
You’ll also need…
- 24-26cm ovenproof frying pan or shallow flameproof casserole
- Cut 400g aubergines into long wedges, rub them with oil, then season with salt and pepper. Spread out on a large roasting tray and roast for 20 minutes.
- Peel 650g maris piper potatoes, boil for 15 minutes, then cool.
- Heat the grill to medium. Heat the oil in the pan/shallow casserole over a medium heat. Add the sliced peppers and chopped tomatoes, then fry for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly golden. Stir in the harissa paste.
- Add the sliced potatoes to the pan, gently mixing together. Pour the beaten eggs evenly over the top, arrange the aubergine and sprinkle on the feta. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the base is golden and the frittata is cooked halfway through.
- To finish off, grill the frittata for about 5 minutes until it’s puffed up and cooked through and the feta on top is starting to turn golden. Serve in generous wedges, sprinkled with the chopped spring onions, alongside some green, herby salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Feta, onion and red pepper frittatas
These feta, onion and red pepper frittatas are so quick and easy to make. Eat...