Roasted cod with fennel, red onion and balsamic tomatoes
- May 2010
- for 4 people
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 25 minutes to cook
This simple, super-healthy roasted cod with fennel recipe is overflowing with rustic Italian flavours.
- Dairy-free recipes
Per serving: 217kcals, 7g fat (1g saturated), 29g protein, 9.5g carbs, 7.7g sugar, 0.5g salt
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced, fennel fronds reserved
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1-2 small red chillies, thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 thick skinless cod fillets
- 1 heaped tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Scatter the fennel, onion and chilli in a roasting tin and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and the lemon juice. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Scatter over the cherry tomatoes and roast for a further 5 minutes, then drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Place the cod fillets on top, drizzle with the remaining oil, season and roast for 10-12minutes until the cod is just cooked through.
- Garnish with the reserved fennel fronds and capers, and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fish and chips
A classic (and easy) British recipe of homemade fish and chips, served here with a...