Lemon salmon fishcakes
- March 2007
- 900g white potatoes, roughly diced
- 418g can Alaskan red salmon, drained and any bones discarded
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise, plus extra to serve
- Bunch of spring onions, chopped
- Flour, for dusting
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 15 minutes, until tender. Drain, mash, and season.
- Add the salmon, lemon zest and juice, mayonnaise and spring onions to the potato. Mix well. Using floured hands, shape into 8 chunky fishcakes. Cover and chill for 30 minutes, or overnight (or see freezing tip).
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the fishcakes, in batches, for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden.
- Serve with lemon wedges, extra mayonnaise and a green salad.
At the end of step 2, cover the fishcakes and freeze until solid. Put in a container and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature until defrosted.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Hot-smoked salmon and parsley fishcakes with lemon mayonnaise and homemade chips
Forget fish and chips, we’re all about these easy hot-smoked salmon fishcakes served with a...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...