Lemon salmon fishcakes
- March 2007
- Serves 4
- Takes about 40 minutes to make, plus chilling
A zesty lemon mayonnaise really compliments this salmon fishcake recipe.
- 33.7g (5.1g saturated)
- 43.2g (5g sugar)
- 900g white potatoes, roughly diced
- 418g can Alaskan red salmon, drained and any bones discarded
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 3 tbsp light mayonnaise, plus extra to serve
- Bunch of spring onions, chopped
- Flour, for dusting
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 15 minutes, until tender. Drain, mash, and season.
- Add the salmon, lemon zest and juice, mayonnaise and spring onions to the potato. Mix well. Using floured hands, shape into 8 chunky fishcakes. Cover and chill for 30 minutes, or overnight (or see freezing tip).
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the fishcakes, in batches, for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden.
- Serve with lemon wedges, extra mayonnaise and a green salad.
At the end of step 2, cover the fishcakes and freeze until solid. Put in a container and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature until defrosted.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Hot-smoked salmon and parsley fishcakes with lemon mayonnaise and homemade chips
Forget fish and chips, we’re all about these easy hot-smoked salmon fishcakes served with a...