Roasted onion and tomato spaghetti with poached egg
- April 2006
- 2 red onions
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 300g spaghetti
- 3 eggs
- Few fresh basil leaves
- Vegetarian Parmesan shavings, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Cut the onions in half, then into slim wedges and put into a small roasting tray. Scatter with the garlic and drizzle with plenty of oil. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out and discard the seeds. Cut the tomatoes into strips, add to the onions and toss well. Roast for a further 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions, drain well (reserving some of the water to poach the eggs) and toss with the onions and tomatoes. Return to the turned-off oven to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs in about 2.5cm of just-simmering water for 3-4 minutes, until just set. Divide the pasta between 3 bowls, top each with an egg and scatter with the basil and Parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...