Roasted, spiced sweet potatoes
- February 2008
- Serves 4 people
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 30-35 minutes in the oven
Low in calories and salt, this roasted, spiced sweet potato recipe makes a lovely side dish.
- 12.6g (1.9g saturated)
- 40.2g (15.2g sugar)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1½ tbsp each coriander seeds and fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium (about 600g) sweet potatoes, cut into 1cm rounds
- 4 medium (about 400g) carrots, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Place the garlic in a pestle and mortar with a pinch of salt and crush to a paste.
- Toast the coriander and fennel seeds in a dry non-stick frying pan for about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the seeds to the pestle and mortar with the cumin and grind together, crushing the spices and releasing their aroma. Pour in the olive oil and mix together.
- Put the vegetables in a large baking tray and toss in the oil and spice mixture. Roast for 30-35 minutes, until slightly charred and golden.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter