Rosemary and honey roast chicken with garlic mash
- August 2007
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 20-25 minutes in the oven
Using chicken legs instead of a whole bird means this honey roast chicken with garlic mash recipe only takes 35mins to make.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 2 free-range chicken legs
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- A whole bulb of garlic
- 2 small sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 450g pack fresh potato, carrot and swede mash
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Slash the chicken legs a few times on the skin side and place in a roasting tin. Drizzle with the runny honey and lemon juice, then season well. Cut the whole bulb of garlic in half horizontally and place in the roasting tin.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then baste and tuck the sprigs of fresh rosemary around the chicken. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and golden, and the pan juices sticky.
- Meanwhile, heat the packet of fresh potato, carrot and swede mash according to packet instructions. Squeeze the pulp from the garlic cloves and stir into the mash. Serve mounds of mash on warmed serving plates, top with the roast chicken and drizzle over the sticky pan juices. Delicious served with steamed French beans.
Rate & review