- October 2008
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 min to make, 40-45 min in the oven, plus marinating
Cook these chicken drumsticks for supper but keep a few for tomorrow’s lunchbox too!
- Dairy-free recipes
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Score each piece of chicken 2 or 3 times with a knife. Put all the other ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the chicken and stir until covered – use your hands to work the marinade into the chicken. Cover and chill for 15-30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200°c/fan180°c/gas 6.
- Put the chicken in a heavy-based ovenproof dish and roast in the oven for 40-45 minutes, turning occasionally. Serve, keeping a few, chilled, for your child’s lunchbox.
Nutrition tip: Chicken is a great source of protein, vitamins and minerals. Did you know that dark chicken meat contains more iron and zinc than light meat?
Rate & review