Rosemary lamb with creamy puy lentils
- August 2012
- Serves 4
- Ready in 12 min
A quick, easy shortcut lamb recipe made with puy lentils, garlic, rosemary and crème fraîche.
- 17.2g (7.8g saturated)
- 26.6g (2g sugar)
- 4 lamb leg steaks (about 100g each)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves, bruised
- 2 x 250g packs ready-cooked puy lentils
- Splash of chicken stock
- Dollop of Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Drizzle the lamb with the oil, season, then rub with one of the rosemary sprigs. Heat a frying pan over a high heat, then fry the lamb and bruised garlic for 5-6 minutes, turning once, until the steaks are cooked but still pink in the middle. Set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, put the lentils, stock and the remaining rosemary sprig in a pan and heat gently until the lentils are hot. Remove from the heat, add the mustard, crème fraîche and parsley, then season. Slice the lamb and serve on top of the creamy lentils.
Rate & review