Rosemary sausage and potato skewers
- July 2006
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 10-12 minutes to barbecue, plus soaking the skewers
The honey, mustard and rosemary glaze really takes this barbecue sausage recipe to another level.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 28.2g (12.1g saturated)
- 37.9g (15.4g sugar)
- 400g baby new potatoes, halved if large
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- Leaves from 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, finely chopped, plus small sprigs to garnish
- 4 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 6 good-quality pork sausages, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 200ml tub low-fat crème fraîche
- Preheat the barbecue. Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes – this prevents them from burning on the barbecue. Meanwhile, par-boil the potatoes in boiling, lightly salted water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the honey, rosemary and half the mustard and season. Add the warm potatoes, sausages and onions and gently toss in the mixture.
- Alternately thread the potatoes, sausages and onion onto the soaked skewers. Cook on the hot barbecue for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until the sausages are cooked and the vegetables are lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining mustard with the crème fraîche. Put 2 sausage skewers on each plate and garnish with the extra rosemary. Serve with the mustard crème fraîche and a tomato and rocket salad, if you like.
To cook indoors, cook the skewers under the grill or, in batches, in a griddle or frying pan for 10-12 minutes, until cooked.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken tikka with mango raita
A variation on the old favourite chicken tikka, given a real zesty touch with the...