Rosemary sausage and potato skewers
- July 2006
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 minutes to make, 10-12 minutes to barbecue, plus soaking the skewers
The honey, mustard and rosemary glaze really takes this barbecue sausage recipe to another level.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 28.2g (12.1g saturated)
- 37.9g (15.4g sugar)
- 400g baby new potatoes, halved if large
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- Leaves from 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, finely chopped, plus small sprigs to garnish
- 4 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 6 good-quality pork sausages, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 200ml tub low-fat crème fraîche
- Preheat the barbecue. Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes – this prevents them from burning on the barbecue. Meanwhile, par-boil the potatoes in boiling, lightly salted water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the honey, rosemary and half the mustard and season. Add the warm potatoes, sausages and onions and gently toss in the mixture.
- Alternately thread the potatoes, sausages and onion onto the soaked skewers. Cook on the hot barbecue for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until the sausages are cooked and the vegetables are lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining mustard with the crème fraîche. Put 2 sausage skewers on each plate and garnish with the extra rosemary. Serve with the mustard crème fraîche and a tomato and rocket salad, if you like.
To cook indoors, cook the skewers under the grill or, in batches, in a griddle or frying pan for 10-12 minutes, until cooked.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegan dinner recipes
Vegan Turkish kebabs with chilli sweet potato mash and roasted veg
This meaty favourite has been given a vegan makeover with the use of vegan mince...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...