Sausage and bacon swizzles
- November 2004
- Serves 6
- Ready in 40 minutes
These sausages with bacon and tomato ketchup are spookily good! They’ll go down a treat with kids and adults alike at Halloween.
For something more sophisticated, try these mouth-watering maple and mustard sausages wrapped in pancetta!
- 12 rashers rindless smoked streaky bacon
- 12 best-quality chipolata sausages
- Squirty bottle of tomato ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Take a rasher of bacon and squirt a thin line of tomato ketchup down its centre. Put a sausage at one end and roll up so it’s covered in the bacon. Repeat with the remaining bacon, ketchup and sausages. Put into a Teflon- or baking paper-lined roasting tin and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Carefully remove the baking tray from the oven, then use tongs to turn each sausage over. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes, or until the sausages are golden brown all over. Pop into a serving dish and have with Witches’ brew.
No need to serve ketchup on the side – it’s smothered on the bangers before baking.
Rate & review