Rump steak with mushroom and peppercorn sauce
- December 2007
- 2 x 200g beef rump steaks
- 250g large flat field mushrooms
- 150g pack Boursin pepper cheese
- Green Beans (optional)
- Oven chips (optional)
- Heat a large frying pan over a high heat. Season 2 beef rump steaks, add to the hot pan and cook for 1-4 minutes each side, depending on how you like your steak done. Transfer to a plate, loosely cover with foil, and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, slice the large flat field mushrooms and add them to the hot pan. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until beginning to wilt. Reduce the heat to low, add the Boursin pepper cheese and a dash of water and stir until you have a hot, smooth sauce.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the resting juices from the steaks. Divide the steaks between plates and spoon over the mushroom and peppercorn sauce. Serve with cooked green beans and oven chips, if you like.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...